Saturday, October 5, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect :))

 “Artistic talent is a gift from God and whoever discovers it in himself has a certain obligation: to know that he cannot waste this talent, but must develop it.” -John Paul II



Hi guys! This is a picture of my piano recital last September 1. I played two songs: Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3 by Clementi and River Flows in You by Yiruma. :)
 
(This is the link of my River Flows in You performance http://youtu.be/AhjHUf45IO8)

I started preparing for my recital in the middle of June so I had about two and a half months to prepare. But during the months of June and July, I was always lazy to practice daily and I sometimes blamed my homework for that. But I really underestimated the difficulty of the piece. I only started to practice on a daily basis when my mother made me realize that if I don't start practicing, I would never memorize it and master it in time for my recital. Honestly, I just started memorizing my pieces about the start of August, giving me just one month to memorize it and to fix the dynamics of the piece.

It was definitely a learning experience for me. I was blessed by God with a talent but if I don't use that talent wisely, I wouldn't be using my talent to the full extent that I could; I'd just be limiting it and I would be wasting it. :)



 

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Katie (now, I spelled it right). It was fun reading your entry. The blog's title or caption says a lot about your artistic side. :) Good choice of word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely performance, you know i have a soft spot for those kind of music right? ;)

    ReplyDelete